“Be An Effective Marketer – How to Sell On The Internet” written by Guest Contributor.
I’ve never thought of myself as a sales type of personality. When I think of a typical sales person, I think of a kind of pushy aggressive used car salesman type of person and the idea of making a living making sales would have been one of my last choices for a career.
So how did I end up as an internet marketer?
Learning How to Sell On the Internet
The truth is we are constantly selling even if we don’t have a formal career in sales. When you talk about something you are passionate about and have a degree of transparency you are selling who you are and people develop a degree of trust in you.
If you believe in what you do sales naturally follow.
As our online business has grown we have made many new connections on social media with people selling a service or product.
It surprises me how many of these people I’ve met online take the “used car salesman” route and immediately hit me with a link to an offer or start pitching something they are selling.
Asking For A Date
I think of sales like asking someone for a date.
When you meet someone you don’t want to walk up to that person and say, “Hi, Do you want to go home with me? If Mike had tried that we would not be where we are today. 🙂
You would, at least, want to try to get to know them before you make that kind of an offer. It’s the same with pitching an opportunity or a service you are selling. It’s best to…
- Introduce yourself first. “Hi, I’m Mike, It’s great to meet you.” Strike up a conversation.
- If all goes well set up a meeting to see if your connection is mutually beneficial.
- Continue to connect until you eventually commit to one another or go your separate ways.
Being An Effective Marketer
Selling follows the same track. In order to create interest, you must get past the first few steps. This is where most people drop the ball. When they immediately start talking about their offer or service they sell.
In other words, they’re asking the other person “Do you want to go home with me?” far too soon.
You are selling yourself all the time, so use this information to attract attention in the right way
to your ideal prospects,
The Effective Marketer Builds A Relationship First
Instead of using people for a sale, build relationships with them that translate into getting closer to your goals i.e. turn them into a team member.
Take Napoleon Hill’s advice in his self-confidence formula from his classic book on self-development “Think and Grow Rich.”
“I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself.”
- Knowing this, will you go on Twitter or Facebook messaging affiliate links willy-nilly? Or will you treat people with the respect they deserve by engaging them in a conversation.
- Knowing this, will you post negative or complaining comments or videos? Or will you run everything by your “Does this fit my brand?” filter?
- Knowing this, will you condemn and criticize people, or bad-mouth anyone in a post on social media or lose your temper and go off on a rant on a video? Or will you tweak this behavior to fit how you want your brand to be perceived?
Final Thoughts On How to Sell On the Internet
So the next time you are chatting online or drafting an email to your email list, think about the dating analogy.
Ask them to “go to dinner”
develop a rapport.
The results will be well worth the little bit of effort and patience. You will be building true relationships and a lasting legacy.
P.S. – If you like this post, feel free comment down below and/or share on Facebook.
1. How To Prospect On Facebook… The Right Way
2. The Impostor Syndrome | Learn About Overcoming Impostor Syndrome
3. The Rhonda Rousey Loses Fight to Holly Holmes and the Lesson Learned
If you are interested in learning how to make money online, click the following links to learn more about the TotalShortcut.com system, YouFirstMillionOnline system, and get the information to form your own opinion from this Empower Network, and Jeunesse review.